Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Agricultural Science a good subject to do in 1 year?

Options
  • 14-09-2009 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Is Agricultural Science a good subject to do in 1 year? (I don't do Biology BTW.) Im thinking about doing it in 1 yr (Im repeating) and need it for a HL subject as Ill be dropping Eng.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Is there an Ag Science teacher in your school who will sign off on your project? That's where you need to start really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭ChiefBrody

It is the best subject in the world. No ****, I absolutely love Ag Science, did it in 1 year last year, as long as you have an actual interest in it you'll find it easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

ChiefBrody wrote: »
    It is the best subject in the world. No ****, I absolutely love Ag Science, did it in 1 year last year, as long as you have an actual interest in it you'll find it easy.
    Did you do Biology? Did it help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Is there an Ag Science teacher in your school who will sign off on your project? That's where you need to start really.

Whats the project thing??

Swizz wrote: »
    Whats the project thing??

if you're still trying to decide if you're taking up ag science or not and haven't researched it, you're losing time every day. 25% of your grade is for a project. your teacher signs off to say you did the work and they grade the project. No teacher, no grade. There are lots of threads on this forum where I have posted at length about the ag project. Do a search and have a read of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

I'm doing Ag science as an extra subject, starting it on Monday. just wondering, do you need any kind of farming background to be good at it? Because I have none. At all...:o

I'm doing Ag science as an extra subject, starting it on Monday. just wondering, do you need any kind of farming background to be good at it? Because I have none. At all...:o

No as long as you work at it you'll be fine. If you have ANY friends or family with a farm go and visit them, ask lots of questions and take lots of pictures (for your project). If not, go and visit one of the Ag Science college on their open days, lots of Ag Science classes do this... or go to the ploughing championships next week in Kildare (22nd - 24th), you'll get to see lots of animal breeds, machinery and can pick up lots of information there at the different stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

No as long as you work at it you'll be fine. If you have ANY friends or family with a farm go and visit them, ask lots of questions and take lots of pictures (for your project). If not, go and visit one of the Ag Science college on their open days, lots of Ag Science classes do this... or go to the ploughing championships next week in Kildare (22nd - 24th), you'll get to see lots of animal breeds, machinery and can pick up lots of information there at the different stands.

Thanks!:)
    Just remembered that my mam grew up on a farm and my dad worked on them so they can help me anyway.

Advertisement