Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how was your first day???

Options
  • 14-09-2009 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭

Well all, how'd ye get on with your first day in college as a mature student?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 tonywanda

Mine was grand! Although I had met some of the mature students at a workshop the previous week.

The young ones seemed aren't very forthcoming towards mature students, but cher that's to be expected!

Wouldn't have minded some free coffee which they were giving out last week, but no complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Today I will be officially starting classes, but like Tonywanda I had a meet n' greet last week and found the school leavers to be a bit quieter/shyer. But thats to be expected I suppose. Give them a week and I'll be giving them stfu evils probably :pac:

When I was in secondary I never thought Id say I was looking forward to maths, which is my first class this morning! followed by double biology, anatomy, and labs. Bring it on! :cool:

Good luck to the new starts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Mine was good im into my 2nd week in the DKIT and im liking it. My class is small and the timetable is a bit scattered with 2-3 hour breaks here and there.

Today i joined some clubs and societies and cant wait to get stuck in.

Its weird being a mature student but im making an effort to get involved as best i can with things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

I was accepted to my course on the basis of my LC and so didn't do the mature student meet & greet thing or any kind of workshops etc so I'm jumping in at the deep end on Monday :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

fifomania wrote: »
    I was accepted to my course on the basis of my LC and so didn't do the mature student meet & greet thing or any kind of workshops etc so I'm jumping in at the deep end on Monday :eek:

You'll be fine... I went to orientation and I still haven't a clue where I'll be going on Monday. :)

What course did you accept in the end?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

Larianne wrote: »
    You'll be fine... I went to orientation and I still haven't a clue where I'll be going on Monday. :)
    Ha, that makes me feel better
    What course did you accept in the end?
    I couldn't make up my mind :rolleyes: Was torn between two courses, one at home and the other in Dub so I went with the Mater Dei anyway, fingers crossed. All I need is somewhere to live and I'll be flying :)
    Where are you for?

I'm going to TCD. My registration isn't until Friday so I'll have the whole week not knowing anyone which is a pity coz there's quite a few things I'd like to do. I'll go in and have a look around, join a few societies.

Have you looked at the student accommodation on here? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=975

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I'm starting next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Heres me finished my second week and you lot have barely started if at all!

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Heres me finished my second week and you lot have barely started if at all!

i know. it's like get on with it already!!!!!!!!! Did you partake in much freshers activities?

• Advertisement

i know. it's like get on with it already!!!!!!!!! Did you partake in much freshers activities?

Nope, everything seems to be centred around getting drunk and its really starting to irritate me!

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Nope, everything seems to be centred around getting drunk and its really starting to irritate me!

Something to look forward to eh?! Did you join the Mature Student Society? TCDs has a Ceili next Thursday night, eeyow!:D

Something to look forward to eh?! Did you join the Mature Student Society? TCDs has a Ceili next Thursday night, eeyow!:D

Yeah i signed up, free lunches! I signed up to EngSoc and GameSoc too, mostly because i had 4 euro in my pocket :P

I'm gonna be broke with all the societies and clubs I want to join. And I know I can't do them all. :(

I'm gonna be broke with all the societies and clubs I want to join. And I know I can't do them all. :(

Nope you can't! I certainly won't be hanging around playing ping pong when i have the baby at home next semester!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭louliewan

Registered yesterday, orientation over thank God, I just want to get stuck in. Have met some nice people already. Good luck to everyone and hope you all enjoy every minute of it, I intend to!

Advertisement