Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hasty Now.....

Options
  • 14-09-2009 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055681428

IIRC, file sharing is not illegal! A bit quick fingered on this occasion, Jonathan, but perhaps a finger wagging would have been more appropriate than locking it before somebody could interject with a word of advice on the subject to the OP.

Request for thread to be re-opened.
    Post edited by Shield on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I'm pretty sure that was locked on the basis that file sharing - in this case torrenting on TCDs network, is against TCDs network policy.

The moderator has given enough advise imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Sparky wrote: »
    ....torrenting on TCDs network, is against TCDs network policy.
    You're dead right.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055681428

IIRC, file sharing is not illegal! A bit quick fingered on this occasion, Jonathan, but perhaps a finger wagging would have been more appropriate than locking it before somebody could interject with a word of advice on the subject to the OP.

Request for thread to be re-opened.
    Had the thread been about the bittorrent protocol in Trinity I probably would have left it open.

I locked it because as far as I'm aware you are not allowed to "borrow" each others media content!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Jonathan wrote: »
    Had the thread been about the bittorrent protocol in Trinity I probably would have left it open.

I locked it because as far as I'm aware you are not allowed to "borrow" each others media content!
    Of course you are!!! And of course, you're being very general and I'm being very specific! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Jonathan wrote: »

Depends what the media content is, it's not an absolute.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Have a look at the original thread MooseJam and you decide what he meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Had a look, I think you were correct as to his intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

There we go.
    I reckon this is sorted so!
    :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement