Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Codes

Options
  • 14-09-2009 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Debut album is up in full on their myspace, I have to say, it's brilliant stuff. Amazing production, hope they do well, they seem to be getting enough coverage for it to catch on. Chchcheck it out

http://www.myspace.com/codesofficial

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shoota

Yeah, saw them on Friday in MullinGEEEAAAAAARRR, they're very good, and just listned to the album online a few times and its fantastic, very different to anything out there in the Irish market, but in a good mainstream kinda way if that even makes sense

I kinda know the band so i'm officially biased ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭cerebis

think they are garbage to be honest.....

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Saw them support Keane in the Odyssey in January and was impressed. Off to Spirit Store later on for a second look :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭ludwit

Listened to the album on myspace and TBH wasn't terribly impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Shoota wrote: »
    Yeah, saw them on Friday in MullinGEEEAAAAAARRR, they're very good, and just listned to the album online a few times and its fantastic, very different to anything out there in the Irish market, but in a good mainstream kinda way if that even makes sense

I kinda know the band so i'm officially biased ;)

Don't know about that. The first time I heard You Are Here I thought it was Snow Patrol.

Just had a listen and I thought the album was pretty average.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

I absolutely love This is Goodbye - saw them with a crowd of about 20 at Oxjam in the Ambassador, great little band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭ludwit

Heard them on the radio today and thought it was the manics. Not a compliment from me but would be for other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

Glad they finally got the album out. ive been patient!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Don't understand what all the hype is about, hadn't heard about them a week ago but now their name is everywhere. Had a listen to their songs on myspace -just another very average Irish band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cinnamon girl

sugarman wrote: »
    They've changed so much since i last heard of them, waaay back when they were known as "Lost"... I remember being blown away when i first seen them, they reminded me of early muse, pre Absolution era but with their own take on it.

Don't see the Muse comparison but I agree they were fantastic then...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

Meh, i think they sound like everyone else thats out there at the moment. They've changed so much since i last heard of them, waaay back when they were known as "Lost"... I remember being blown away when i first seen them, they reminded me of early muse, pre Absolution era but with their own take on it.

Is that who they are?
    They still don't have an original idea in their heads.And that drummer was a twerp...

Meh, i think they sound like everyone else thats out there at the moment. They've changed so much since i last heard of them, waaay back when they were known as "Lost"...

I think the new stuff is better than the 'lost' times. Its kinda unique imo. I dont see any other band in Ireland like them really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

as [lost] I always thought they sounded like muse, and now they do (as mentioned earlier) sound like a bad manic street preachers tribute band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Too indie for me - should go for a heavier sound and they could be HUGE!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 radiodrive

Its a nice record label they got. Someone sees a lot of potential in them me thinks. They seem to be working hard for it though, they have been playing gigs non stop for last two years at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

in fairness, it's a very tight and technically impressive sound but judging by their radio songs it's all a little 'friendly' compared to some of their older stuff. Have to give credit for going for a more adventurous soundscape than most of the Irish indie bands out there.

They had a great song called Edith out not so long ago that doesn't seem to be on the album - I thought it was magnificent. Dreamy pop with a bit of an edge, if that's not on the album it seems very confusing because the other releases are already sounding samey and a little boring.

There's nothing stopping them from being pretty big, judging by the success of bands like the Blizzards and Delorentos etc but hitting the UK/US is always the big one obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

phathom must have shares in this tripe , always on the radio

They had a great song called Edith out not so long ago that doesn't seem to be on the album - I thought it was magnificent.

+1
    Tune!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,939 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I think it's a good album,

have liked them a while now, but much prefer the old sounds of this is goodbye, cities and our mysteries missed histories,

way too over produced on the album, and they use that echo effect a bit too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

Playing Lucan Village this Sunday afternoon, outdoor gig at Ulster Bank, anyone goin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭ella87

My first cousin is in codes they were on the cafe earlier on rte..they looked and sounded great.
    Have to say they have worked extremely hard on the album and have put alot of time and effort into it glad to see people are appreciating their hard work.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

Codes and Dinosaur Pile-Up in the academy for halloween...:D:D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Was looking for Codes album on Amazon and said it wasn't available, Any idea why? Really like their sound, I'm into Bat for Lashes and Florence and the Machine at the moment though...:D

Advertisement