Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aer lingus prices to orlando

Options
  • 14-09-2009 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

hi
    i am thinking of going to orlando next feb/ march, just watching prices does any one know if aer lingus raise their prices week on week or month on month or do they follow any sequence. by the way what would the weather be like out there at that time.
    thanks
    kathryn:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I think the way airline prices work is that they have a certain number of seats at a certain price, when those seats sell, the price goes up and so on. If it were me, I would book now but some would take a risk and see if the prices come down in the January sale. Are you very set on flying Air Lingus? In my experiance, they are the most expensive airline to fly with. Would you consider pricing Continental, US Airways, Delta or BA? Although none of them fly direct.

Feb/Mar should be a nice time to go to Orlando, warm without being hot. Be warned that the parks can get very busy during Spring Break, so maybe avoid this if you can help it.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭steve-o

Low season long haul flights tend to be cheapest a month or so before travel. Unless you are planning to travel around Paddy's day, wait until after Christmas and you'll get a bargain then. This year you could have got a round trip to the US in February for €170 on US Airways if booked at the end of December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭hornyfemale

We've booked with Virgin. Dublin Via UK for €460. Great value me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭TingTong

We got AL going out to MCO end of October for €395 return. Even better value me thinks! Why travel East to ultimely travel West?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

We got a similar price with BA for our August holiday, flying Dublin - Gatwick - Orlando. I have to say that it really made the trip difficult flying East to fly west as TingTong said. I don't think I'd consider that route again, I would price all the airlines that fly out of Shannon and have a stopover in the US first, course if anyone can get Air Lingus direct for €395 then i'd take the hand off them booking it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement