Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!!The institute of education

Options
  • 14-09-2009 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hey guys,i could really do with some help.I have my interview for the institute on wednesday and don't know what to wear?Do i wear jeans and a shirt?Do I wear shoes,trousers and a shirt?
    Would really appreciate some advice from people that have already done their interview,thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Generally it is a fairly informal affair. Something Smart/Casual would be more than enough. Don't worry about the interview, it really isn't anything major.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

You just wear what you will be normally wearing into school. Its not a big deal so dont worry about it.Its more of a chat than an actual interview and its very very laid back!Stop stressin and just chillax youl be grand!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I don't think the institute cares about looks. If you've got the fees you should be grand.

Just wear casual gear but don't go too overboard. You're there for education not a fashion course.

Best of luck in your interview though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Gooner7

Thanks guys for the quick responses,they've put me more at ease.I think i'll just wear a shirt,jeans and casual runners,what do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

Mr.S wrote: »
    Clearly you've never been to the Institute :pac:

... And i'm not even joking :eek:

Ha ye its gotten even worse since I was there last.Wonder what the girls will be wearing this year??? last year it was ridiculous when I went in to meet my boyf(he was repeatin last year).. dey were wearing just tights , some in heels...couldnt stop laughing!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭sean0

haha "Clearly you've never been to the Institute".Just wear whatever you want and stop worrying as others said its more of just a chat then an interview, they just tell you about the school what they expect from you etc... :cool:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

li-evo7 wrote: »
    dey were wearing just tights , some in heels...
    O_O

Really?

Jeez, how do the lads get any study done? :pac:

Srsly, OP, as others have said, I doubt very much if what you wear is in any way important.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

li-evo7 wrote: »
    Ha ye its gotten even worse since I was there last.Wonder what the girls will be wearing this year??? last year it was ridiculous when I went in to meet my boyf(he was repeatin last year).. dey were wearing just tights , some in heels...couldnt stop laughing!!
    yep tights,heels and cardigan,thats fashion for ya:D
    think they just try their best to out do eachother, who can wear the least clothes and the most tan:eek:
    ah no though there are some normal people in there:confused::)
    op just wear what you would normally wear, even if thats a hoody and trackie bottoms or jeans. its not a formal interview as others have said and even at that its not really an interview as such

Advertisement