Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opensource ecommerce software with a customer upload facility.

Options
  • 14-09-2009 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hey folks,

Sorry to bother yous. Starting an online business with little to no dosh but I do have a decent amount of web design and implementation about me and have been looking into the os software available like joomla with virtuemart, zencart, prestashop, magento etc etc.

I can find very little reference to functionality that would allow a customer to upload an image file at the point of purchase though. For example say a customer would like to buy a 20"x16" archival print of their own photo, they click buy, they get the upload option and then get the finalise purchase page. New versions of Magento seem to offer it in a very basic way but the hosting costs are a little steep I believe. I've tested the installation on register365 hosting and it don't cut the mustard according to it's php test file.

You do admittedly get the odd reference on elance and the like to someone requesting the same functionality for the above os packages BUT the jobs never seem to be completed by anyone and have expired.

Does anyone know of such a module for any of the above or could recommend another os choice?

Any and all advice (apart from telling me to get a loan to get a developer to build me a site as I'm in debt to the eyeballs already :)) welcome :)

Thanks folks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Contact reggie 365, I'm on one of their shared hosting packages and I pass the magento test
    Congratulations! Your server meets the requirements for Magento.
    You have PHP 5.2.0 (or greater)
    Safe Mode is off
    You have MySQL 4.1.20 (or greater)
    You have the curl extension
    You have the dom extension
    You have the gd extension
    You have the hash extension
    You have the iconv extension
    You have the mcrypt extension
    You have the pcre extension
    You have the pdo extension
    You have the pdo_mysql extension
    You have the simplexml extension

I also have magento installed on Digiweb shared hosting, initially I didn't pass the Magento test, but they kindly moved me to another server without any fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Thanks m8,

I had just discovered that the php was v4 and asked them to upgrade today. Could be the reason that a lot of the stuff didn't pass. Initially I thought that the php v5 workaround would sort it but then saw a heap of other stuff and it looks like I have just passed the majority as the upgrade has gone through.

All except:

Your server does not meet the following requirements in order to install Magento.
    The following requirements failed, please contact your hosting provider in order to receive assistance with meeting the system requirements for Magento:

* You are missing the pdo_mysql extension

The following requirements were successfully met:

* You have PHP 5.2.0 (or greater)
    * Safe Mode is off
    * You have MySQL 4.1.20 (or greater)
    * You have the curl extension
    * You have the dom extension
    * You have the gd extension
    * You have the hash extension
    * You have the iconv extension
    * You have the mcrypt extension
    * You have the pcre extension
    * You have the pdo extension
    * You have the simplexml extension

I wonder how I pass pdo_mysql like you did....

Thanks again for the input m8 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

pdo_mysql was what I was failing with on my Digiweb server.

It required my site to be moved to another server, I'm sure register 365 will sort you out if you ask them nicely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

pdo_mysql was what I was failing with on my Digiweb server.

It required my site to be moved to another server, I'm sure register 365 will sort you out if you ask them nicely :)

Thnx Sparta m8 :) have asked them nicely... :) Roll on the nextlment! insta

Advertisement