Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to education allowance

Options
  • 14-09-2009 2:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i applied the day the CAO round 1 offer's came out.
    got my acceptance letter the monday after that.

got a phone call from social welfare last week saying my payment's for BTEA will be put in my bank acc every thursday starting this thursday.

i applied in clonmel in tipperary.

dont know about the age limit for postgrad. best to ring and ask i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

I just got a letter this morning to say i wont be getting it, dont know what to do now, started college last week and if i budget very tightly ive about enough money to do till christmas but sure theres no point in just waiting round till christmas and dropping out then, seriously annoyed with our government at the moment!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭B1977

8. Can I appeal against a decision?
    The Back to Education Allowance is a non-statutory scheme and, as such, if you disagree with a decision on your application you do not have a right to appeal to the Social Welfare Appeals Office.

However, you can request (in writing) a review of your case by the officer in charge of the relevant Social Welfare Local Office or section, enclosing any new evidence in support of your request for a review.

Contact your local TD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Sorry to bring back and old thread but if you drop out of a course can you get back to education grant after starting a new course then? I heard this from a friend who was going to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

technically yes, but they might not give it to you for the first year.

the final judgement comes from the local facilitator who will give you all the information you need.
    simply tell him/her your situation and they will let you know wether or not you will get it starting a new course from scratch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

technically yes, but they might not give it to you for the first year.

the final judgement comes from the local facilitator who will give you all the information you need.
    simply tell him/her your situation and they will let you know wether or not you will get it starting a new course from scratch.
    Alright so :3 thank you very much for that

Advertisement