Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA - How long does it last?

Options
  • 13-09-2009 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

I am sorry if I am repeating a previous thread! I cant seem to find the answer to this question unless I am just not seeing it.

Does BTEA last for the duration of your college course? ie. If your doing a 4 year degree course, will you get BTEA for the full four years? I am thinking of going back to college next year as a mature student.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The BTEA stops at the end of each year, you should be automatically put back on the dole.

You then have to apply for renewal once you know you are going into second year, whereupon you will go back on BTEA and (I think) get another €500 cost of education lump sum at the start of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

yes it lasts for the duration of your course so 2yrs 4yrs 5yrs whichever applies to you. As has been said its not paid for the summer months between years :(
    but you can sign on again (its not automatic BTW)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Do you get BTEA over christmas etc? i.e. is it just for the summer it stops?

Advertisement