Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

M9 Kilkenny bypass section

Options
  • 13-09-2009 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi All, Apologies if this should be in under a current thread but couldn't find it.

I travel between Swords and Clonmel and was hoping someone could tell me where on this last section of the M9 under construction I'll be able to leave it so as to join the current Kilkenny -Clonmel road as close to Clonmel as possible.. From what I can see it might be around Grannagh or Callen or maybe close to Ninemile House. Anyone living locally who would know in more detail ? Appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭deiseman21

get off at j10(n10) heading west to n10 kk ringroad and again get off and go south towards n76 which goes towards clonmel
    or go via m8 which is what i would do

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

yeah, take the N7-M7-N8-M8 to Cashel, then through Rosegreen to Clomel.

or even to Cahir and back on the N24 to Clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 chelskifan

thanks lads...Have used the other route via cashel and Cahir but found the N9/M9 easier over the years. Someone said there was a junction (J11)after KK
    but so far haven't seen or heard much more about it. Maybe the local roads office or KKCOCO might know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

You could get off at Knocktopher and go direct to Callan then south to Clonmel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

Moved to commuting and transport, probably best it was discussed here.

You could of course consider the M8 then N24 route as well. I wonder how long that would take in comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 chelskifan

Thanks Bluntguy...finally found the right home for it.

Found a map of the scheme and it looks like it will either be.......
    J10 (Knocktopher) but instead of going North-west back to Callan on the R899 to get onto the N76 I might be able to go west on the r701 and meet the old N76 at the KK Tipp county line.
    or....
    J9, which would give me about a 2 mile run to the N76 rejoining it somewhere after Grangecuffe south of Kilkenny itself.

So, motorway to within 15 miles of Clonmel on this route or within 9 miles of Clonmel using the M8.

Advertisement