Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating and mixed years

Options
  • 13-09-2009 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi, I am repeating my leaving cert after a few years and I would just like to know something if anybody could help. I plan on doing ordinary level maths so that is taught over 2 years yet the other subjects are taught over the one year so if I apply to college would they add the subjects from the leaving cert the year before with the maths ordinary the year after or do I have to do it all in one end of year exam period? Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

you can't add different leaving certs for points but you can for matriculation entry requirements unless you are doing medicine in which case all entry requirements have to be satisfied in one year.

If you are 23 or over on 1 january in the year of entry you don't need any leaving cert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 OHeathcliff

pathway33 wrote: »
    If you are 23 or over on 1 january in the year of entry you don't need any leaving cert

Do you know how hard it is to get in as a mature student? What would be my chances?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Do you know how hard it is to get in as a mature student? What would be my chances?

Most courses base it on an interview and relevant industrial experience. Depends on the course because with some you would have to do an exam. I would say it's harder this year with the increased competition for places from the new unemployed.

You might get more complete answers on the mature student forum

Advertisement