Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Protection Suite?

Options
  • 13-09-2009 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭

Does anyone know how to stop the 'Windows Protection Suite' popups. . .I don't use this anti virus software but it keep popping up saying I have a potential Trojan, asks me to click on a button to prevent them which inturn asks me for payment details for some sort of anti virus subscription.

Strangly the file it says could be corrupted doesn't even exist (no such folder).

Have tried deleting it from the desktop, can't seem to 'uninstall it'. . dunno how it got there, my normal anti virus software says I have no infected/corrupt files so presume this is just happening to try and get me to signup to a paid AV service?

Apologies if this is listed elsewhere but I couldn't find it.

Comments

Advertisement