Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating and study regime

Options
  • 13-09-2009 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi everyone! Just wondering, is it just me or is anyone else finding it really hard to get back into the swing of things as a repeat?

I got really high points last year and am only repeating just to get a requirement for medicine, but find that my motivation levels are almost non existent. I feel that I dont need to work at the practical subjects such as maths, applied maths, spanish and accounting as I have a natural ability at them, and the only ones I need to 'work at' are biology, business, and chemistry(of which Im taking up this year, so at least Im learning new and very interesting material). I dropped down to pass in english and irish as I already have 7 honours as it is. Ive had so much free time this weekend Im kind of feeling guilty that Im not doing enough and that this might continue for the rest of the year. Even considering going back up to HL irish but I dont really want. Hated the subject and feel so happy I dont have to look at it that much this year.

The HPAT is my major priority this year, because at least I have the comfort of my points last year say IF I decided I couldnt continue repeating. Bit worried about my motivation levels.

Any other repeats finding it hard to get back into the old routine? I know this is all basically revision, and involves a lot less amount of time than last year, but I didnt expect I would have this much time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

I kind of know what you mean... I'm in a similar boat to you, I'm hoping for medicine however I got 525 and so I took myself off to a grind school. Where I'm being made to study.

I don't mind, I realized this year that getting 600 points can be very useful in getting into medicine. Right now I feel confident that I'll be able to get 600. I have loads of friends that got 565/580ish and wound up 2 or 3 points off.

Right now I'm doing 10 subjects, OL : Irish, English (which I dropped to pass in after getting a HLB3 last year), Maths and HL Chemistry, Biology, Ag. Science, DCG, German, Geography and Business. I took up Geog and Bus this year. Most of them I'm finding to be a walk in the park now.

I just really worried now that I'll do an amazing leaving cert but miss out because of the HPAT.

Advertisement