Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ball Closure Ring Help

Options
  • 13-09-2009 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any tips on putting the ball back in a ball closure ring piercing ?

Mine snagged in my hair a little while ago and the ball went flying, found it after a bit of searching, cleaned and went to try put it back in again. Its one of the dimpled type ones so i'm having a fair bit of bother getting it back in.

I live on my own so cant find anyone else to do it for me. Also its only about a week old so changing the piercing altogether isn't an option.

Leaving it alone for the minute as its only getting red and sore from messing with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

They can be tricky but when I was having issues I used a scissors to stretch the ring open a little bit, it makes putting the ball in easier. If all else fails pop into a studio and have them put it in. There's a knack to those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

They can be tricky but when I was having issues I used a scissors to stretch the ring open a little bit, it makes putting the ball in easier. If all else fails pop into a studio and have them put it in. There's a knack to those things.
    The scissors method should work. Then give it a soak in some saline sol just to give it a claen incase the scissors had any dirt or bacteria on them.

I used to just brute force mine back in, they were only small sizes though. Cant do it with this 2.4mm BCR:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Thanks guys, been trying the last two days now and still cant get it been looking online and it says it should just snap in. The ring is splayed so it should sit in one of the dimples and the other should sort of click in. Something like -

--( )__ And when you push the lower one it should click into place

Not working though.

I'm back in the middle east so no piercers I can go to. I did find a place that sells piercing jewelery but the selection was limited. I think I might have a curved barbell that might fit it all their rings looked like too small a gauge.

Any ideas if a curved bar might work or am I asking for trouble with it snagging on things (its a little bigger than I woudl like length wise).

Update -
    Actually just checked them both there now, i'm not 100% without taking the ring out and checking but it looks like one of the barbells is slightly larger and one slightly smaller, the place didn't have an in between gauge and I have no calipers to check. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

that sucks, i just got a ring with a ball in my lip the other day after having a bar for 6 years, and it took a while for the guy in the studio to get the ball in as its quite a small ring. perhaps someone could post you over a small bar to tide you over until you could get to a professional?

Best of luck anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Yep, my g/f was able to remember the guage of it (which was the main problem I couldnt remember and have nothing to measure with) so ill get her to send over two short bars. Cheers for all the help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kitty k

I would be a bit scared of using a scissors !!! easiest way I have found to "snap "the ball in is wearing latex gloves, they stop your hands from slipping (you can pick them up cheap in chemist or even in pound shop) handy to have if you have any piercings at all, for ball closure rings if you line up one "dimple" with the ring then push the ball in but def gloves make it easier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

+1

Tried and tested hundreds of times.. It works :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

if you have a CLEAN needle nose pliers it'd reduce the risk of slicing yerself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jordank

try putting in one of the dimples and pull instead of pushing it in works for me

Advertisement