Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ucc Jujutsu

Options
  • 13-09-2009 2:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi all,

hope you're all ready for another year at college or perhaps your first. If you're looking for a club to join this year and are interested in taking jujutsu for self defence or fitness, feel free to call into any of our classes for a chat or talk to us at the jujutsu stand on clubs day - Thurs 24th in Devere hall. :)

Thanks,

Mike

[url]Http://jujutsu.ucc.ie[/url]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Mercy wrote: »
    Hi all,

hope you're all ready for another year at college or perhaps your first. If you're looking for a club to join this year and are interested in taking jujutsu for self defence or fitness, feel free to call into any of our classes for a chat or talk to us at the jujutsu stand on clubs day - Thurs 24th in Devere hall. :)

Thanks,

Mike

http://jujutsu.ucc.ie

I will be signing up.:).Have little to no jujitsu.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

shezer wrote: »
    I will be signing up.:).Have little to no jujitsu.....

Awesome. Was thinking of taking it up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 base individual

Do you taje on peole with no experience at all? Is it Brazilain or Japanese jujitsu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭ronrar

Sign up to spend a considerable length of time in between another man's legs? I'm there. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mercy

Cheers lads
    Do you taje on peole with no experience at all? Is it Brazilain or Japanese jujitsu?

Absolutely, i'd say there will be alot of beginners this year. It's actually neither traditional nor brazillian - it's german jujutsu which is taught to the german police forces.

Here's some more info if you're interested

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Ju-Jutsu

We'll be training this Monday and Tuesday 9-10.30 in the dance studio, hope to see ye there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭hudsonriver

On a slightly related note, anybody know of any tai chi classes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Whose teaching and what belt are they?

shezer wrote: »
    Whose teaching and what belt are they?

Our trainer is Stefan Syrowatka, he is german and has 15 years experience in Jujutsu, Judo and Aikido. He is a black belt, not sure what Dan though. Will ask him tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

Cheers lads

Absolutely, i'd say there will be alot of beginners this year. It's actually neither traditional nor brazillian - it's german jujutsu which is taught to the german police forces.

Here's some more info if you're interested

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Ju-Jutsu

We'll be training this Monday and Tuesday 9-10.30 in the dance studio, hope to see ye there!

Cool, im new to this and a first year, can I just turn up tomorrow? Is the dance studio in the mardkye? cos i wont have my college card til Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

Our trainer is Stefan Syrowatka, he is german and has 15 years experience in Jujutsu, Judo and Aikido. He is a black belt, not sure what Dan though. Will ask him tomorrow.

cool i might join that...or maybe the aikido, cos i wanted to do aikido eversince i was ten:D

• Advertisement

Cool, im new to this and a first year, can I just turn up tomorrow? Is the dance studio in the mardkye? cos i wont have my college card til Tuesday

You'll probably need your student card, you can try if you want but I can't guarantee you'll get in! Call into us on Tuesday either way :p

JJPostertimescompressed.jpg

Training now in the multi-purpose studio, same times (Monday and Tuesdays 9-10.30)

JJPoster.jpg

Due to flood damage, we have relocated to a temporary dojo.

Training will now be on Monday and Wednesday nights - 9-10.30pm at The Olympic Karate Club 81-83 Shandon Street. It's just past the turn off to Blarney Street across the road from the Credit Union.

For more information and a map of the area check our website HERE

Are you still taking on new students?

Our door is always open to new members. The class will be considerably different for the next 3/4 weeks though as we won't have mats and we will be restricted in what we can do.

Normally we do alot of breakfalls, throws, takedowns, grappling and randori... None of which are safe on a wooden floor in the temporary dojo. If you come expect alot of wrist and joint locks, fitness and conditioning until we get back to the mardyke.

Hope to see you there.

Our door is always open to new members. The class will be considerably different for the next 3/4 weeks though as we won't have mats and we will be restricted in what we can do.

Normally we do alot of breakfalls, throws, takedowns, grappling and randori... None of which are safe on a wooden floor in the temporary dojo. If you come expect alot of wrist and joint locks, fitness and conditioning until we get back to the mardyke.

Hope to see you there.

Ok that's great. If I can't make it on Monday i'll get along to the next one the following Monday. Cheers for the info!

Right, hopefully i'll be making it along for my first time on Monday. Does anyone else on here go to the class?

P.S, go easy on me. I may be a biggish guy but i'm soft really. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭flynny51

Jujutsuandlogo.jpg

Should have new times for the coming year some time tomorrow.

I'll also be putting up a new video I've been working on too in the next 2 weeks which gives a better representation of what we practice. This is an old video, it's short and doesn't really give the right/full idea. But ye'll see the new one soon enough anyway.

Advertisement