Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autograss photos.

Options
  • 12-09-2009 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

A coupe of autograss photos. Comments/critique welcome.
    :cool:

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0329-1.jpg

IMG_0287-1.jpg

Full series of the accident available to.. Havn't it all uploaded yet nor had time to resize all the photos so just a select few from the SEVEN full flips of the car - have 30 photos from start to rest.

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Progen

...the last few.

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0263-1.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Nice shots but "a couple" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Good shots. I don't really know what classic shots of this genre are like but what you've done appears to have capture the action with an appropriate crispness to the images. There is a lot but if you page down quick enough you kinda get a little action going on there.

Nice work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Progen

Thanks folks.

The car that flipped 7 times, I have 30 photos of that but diddn't really see the point in putting them all up - just the idea of a few semi consecutive shots like thoseI picked should give the viewer an idea how severe it was.

I forgot to mention this is my first autograss shoot, and first time ever witnessing autograss in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ninoon

Nice series of action pics, What camera/lens did you use
    Driver walking away from crash looks like Mike Riordan ex Tipperary Raceway Hotrods?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

looks good to me.full of energy and grit!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Some really good Action Shots there. The panning is well done. Looks like the work of someone who has been covering the event for years.

The area I think lets you down is the Mono images. The capture is fine but the problem is in the conversion. Other than #2 they all seem quite "muddy" You need a lot more contrast for these shots to work. If it were the Darkroom I would suggest a higher grade paper then some dodging & burning to get the subjects to jump out at you.

Advertisement