Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 days till GAMSAT any tips?

Options
  • 12-09-2009 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

Any advice would be much appreciated !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

i havent done it but dont spend them 6 days on the computer, read condesned notes and take it easy, go for a jog works for every exam and good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Sorry that I cant offer any help but I wish you the very best of luck.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭finty

for sections I and III its all about timing and getting through the questions.

dont get bogged down trying to get a difficult question out, make an educated guess (usually 1 or 2 answers can be ruled out) and keep moving. make sure you get to all of the questions so at least the questions you can do, you get right and guess the rest.

In my opinion this is the key to doing well!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭GradMed

Go over your prepared essays for section 2 and as Finty said, timing is vital for sections 1 and 3 so just try to keep disclipined as you work through the questions.
    And now the basics, make sure you bring identification and a packed lunch. The very best of luck with the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭drzhivago

liberal wrote: »
    Any advice would be much appreciated !

Finish the exam, silly advice but we have USMLE exams in medicine and some very intelligent people did not do well because they did not finish the paper

Timing is crucial

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 grisham

Good luck!! I'm also doing it on friday, I'd say just focus on organic chemistry seems to be the most important part for science section. If you're not feeling confident about any section just try cram for that bit!! That's what I'll be doing anyway! Try not to get too worked up, you'll do better in a calm state of mind. Best of luck on friday!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

bring a (silent) timer - used it in March - didn't get a mind blowing score by any means but I finished every question all because of my magic clock.
    best of luck - am cramming for March - interested to see what comes up for ye on Sat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Advertisement