Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are those webbed gloves like?

Options
  • 12-09-2009 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

I thinking of buying 'em, are they a bitín awkward for popping up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

Hey Liberal,

There was a discussion on these about a year ago...

Personally, I think they are crap. Didn't find that they adversely affected my pop-up but they turned your forearms to jelly. Really works the fore arm muscles.

But tbh I hate all gloves. I'll hit the water all winter long w/o gloves cause I hate the weight on my hands...

my two cents...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭mechwarrior

50/50 for me

if i'm getting used to the board they feel awkward but once i get used to i find them very handy to help me pass the waves, specially because i've to duck-dive with the bodyboard all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭Notch000

I recently tried a cheap pair from port west, i found them of little benefit. I did however have an acking lower back and pain in my lower back shoulder after a session in them. I thought they gave faster steady paddling out speed but offer little in terms of easier wave catching ability, as the acceleration needed is more strenious on the body then open handed, popping up/dexteritry was not really effected as they had nice cut off fingers tips.
    theres a good reason why nobody wears them
    hope this makes sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭liberal

Notch000 wrote: »

good point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭mechwarrior

i always thought they were a product for bodyboarders and not really for surfers - never saw any surfers using them anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

liberal if you are ever coming to waterford pm me and ill let you try a pair out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

Notch000 wrote: »

It's because they make you look like a total kook!:D:P

Advertisement