Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portrait tattoo

Options
  • 12-09-2009 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi. I have been looking to get a Bruce Lee portrait for a while now, but i want someone who is good at them to do it! Can anyone give me any advice? I live in Donegal, but i would travel if it was worth it. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

If you're actually looking for one of the best then I'd go to Paul Naylor aka Myth in Cheshire, definately the best portrait artist within reasonable distance.
    Having said that the portfolios of Joe Myler (Waterford) and Jerson (Snakebite Dublin) are worth looking at.
    Just be mindful not to be dazzled by the other good tattoos they've done only judge the portfolios by the portraits, as thats what you're after and they're tricky to do well.
    When you show this tattoo to people you want them to be able to say "Wow thats an awesome Bruce Lee tattoo!" you dont want them to say "Why do you have a tattoo of Ricky from the Chinalink takeaway on you?" :)
    Point is, people should be able to tell who it is or you'll be a tattoo fail. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What Diceicle said, only Jerson is only ever in Snakebite during the summer, and has gone back to Brazil again AFAIK

Advertisement