Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French websites?

Options
  • 12-09-2009 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭

Bonjour! It's been 5 years since I did French at the Leaving Cert but I'm taking a course in the language at the minute and I'm wondering if you recommend any websites that are good to check out? As in some news sites for example? Also ones that provide podcasts would be great.

I'm basically looking for a French version of Irish site Beo:

http://www.beo.ie/

Any ideas?

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

All the main newspapers have websites:

www.lemonde.fr : centre left broadsheet
    www.lefigaro.fr : centre right broadsheet

The register on those two would be quite high.

For more simplistic writing, check out the websites of two of the free morning newspapers:

www.metrofrance.com
    www.20minutes.fr

I know that the RFI (Radio France International) website provides podcasts - it's basically the French version of the BBC World Service www.rfi.fr

Bonne courage!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

have a look at www.france24.com and www.euronews.net

those sites are in both english and french so you can see the translation easy enough.

Advertisement