Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveling to Dublin need a place to stay

Options
  • 12-09-2009 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hello! My fiance and I are traveling to Ireland from November 27 to December 7 for the first time, and need a place to stay. We are trying to spend as little as possible so we can spend more in the pubs... well that is my plan. I am looking to go as cheap as possible. Please, if you can recommend any places I would really appreciate it. In the states we have Motel 6 that starts at about $40.00 per night. Something in this range would be great. Thank you!

Shawn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

Hello! My fiance and I are traveling to Ireland from November 27 to December 7 for the first time, and need a place to stay. We are trying to spend as little as possible so we can spend more in the pubs... well that is my plan. I am looking to go as cheap as possible. Please, if you can recommend any places I would really appreciate it. In the states we have Motel 6 that starts at about $40.00 per night. Something in this range would be great. Thank you!

Shawn

Hi Shawn,

You should look into B&B's - they are very affordable around the country. I recently paid €35 per person per night for a place in Galway and €30 per person for one in Kilkenny so I think these should be the average prices you are looking at. Plus it includes a full Irish breakfast which is worth about €10 in itself.

Hotels are getting a cheaper especially midweek so you might even end up getting yourself a hotel room for the same price as a B&B. http://www.discoverireland.ie/ has a good search engine for you to browse options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

www.jurysinns.com have some good deals...€39 rooms etc.

Also try www.alpharooms.com, www.1800hotels.ie, www.hotels.com etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

bewleys hotels have rooms for €50 a night, the ballsbridge hotel would be closest to city centre http://www.bewleyshotels.com/seeyousoon-irish.asp

bewleys are a big step up in class compared to motel 6

for other options check here http://www.hostelworld.com

travelodge that someone recommended are probably the closest we have here to american style motels, far from town centre, they usually have restaurants on premises though

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

There is a Travelodge in Rathmines which is a lovely are to stay and only a 15minute walk to the city centre and it is very well serviced by public transport. Rathmines has lots of shops, bars and restaurants. The bar Toast is great...lovely food, lots of booze and great DJs.

Travelodges are cheap, clean and the staff are usually really helpful. My mate from San Francisco was over recently and stayed in a B&B in Rathmines...I'll find out the name and price and put it here for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement