Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuengirola, Spain

Options
  • 12-09-2009 7:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hello,

A few buddies and I are heading over to Fuengirola in Spain in mid-October. We're not going for a wild trip or anything like that, but we'd still like a bit of nightlife and atmosphere over there.

Does anyone know how busy/quiet a place like Fuengirola is at that time? Will it be a ghost town, or will there be a reasonable number of holidaymakers there? Would we be better off heading out in places like Benalmadena or Torremolinos, or will they be equally quiet?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

I was in Feungirola a few years ago and thought it was a great little spot! Not sure about October though? I'd imagine lots of tourist spots in Spain would be quiet enough that time of year.

Torremolinos attracts lots of families so I dont know if this would be a good option, maybe Malaga?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FunkyDa

Fuengirola is not known for hectic nightlife - it's more of a family resort. What nightlife there IS, is found behind the Puerto hotel - mostly restaurants and bars. The local DART(commuter train) runs from Fuengirola up to Malaga, where you'll probably find clubs, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

I am going at the start of October so can see what is still open or not. I am wondering is there anything that I can bring back that is significantly cheaper than at home? I got computer stuff the last time I was in Germany for about a third of the price that it is here and wonder does Spain have anything like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I was there last week. Nice little spot but mainly a family resort and a hell of a lot of pensioners. That said if you want to you can easily stay out partying pretty much all night. There's a little strip of bars that go on until about 4 in the morning and a couple of clubs that go on until 7 in the morning. Clubs are pretty crap to be honest but at that stage of the night you don't really mind. Everyone is already blitzed.

You do get a fair amount of English in their 20's and 30's there. Not too many Irish around that age we found. It's mainly older Irish there. Fair dose of scandinavians too. We found it busy at night on the Thursday, Friday and Saturday but Sunday was fairly dead. I imagine it's crazy busy during June, July and August but obviously it slows down after that but it was still fairly busy when we were there. Can't vouch for how lively it would be in mid-October though. Every tourist resort is a bit quiter that late in the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 damo9

Im sorry to say that anywhere on the costa del sol is going to be very poor in mid-october.its the very tail end of the holiday season and the effects of reccession on the coast is mind boggling:eek:. im an annual vistor to the costa and there was little or no holiday season this year compared to the past,the irish and brits just dont have the cash.

But to make the best of a bad situation i have some suggestions:

1.Stay away from Malaga city itself(there are NO tourists to speak of,apart from a few culturaly inclined types)
    2.Fuengirola has lots and lots of bars,they are mostly brit,scot irish etc but they are tiny(im talking room for 2 or 3 tables inside).But if its just some beer your after,they are perfect with some interesting regulars...
    3.For larger bars head to benalmadena,where u might even find some of the bigger nightclubs still open.there are also some large disco bars that MAY still be open.
    4.As a previous poster has said,torremolinos is more of a family spot but u will still find an array of bars open well into the morning.

these resorts are all very close by with very good transport links

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Player_86

Thanks for all the replies...

We'll give Benalmadena a shot and if it's quiet, we'll just make our own craic..

Thanks again.

Advertisement