Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Democralogue - The Blasphemy Debate: In Their Own Words

Options
  • 12-09-2009 7:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi!

Just a quick note to let you know that I have submitted a short film (video 'viral') to the Darklight competition on 'Democracy and Dialogue'. The film is about (you won't believe this....) the dreaded blasphemy legislation. I had shot footage for a 10 minute short, but when the Darklight competition came up, I decided to enter a 2 minute 'viral trailer' for the full length film. The full length film will hopefully be finished in time for Minister Ahern enacting the Blasphemous Libel legislation in October.

25% of the marks in the Darklight competition go for the number of hits/views you get on youtube, so please feel free to SPREAD THE WORD, SPREAD THE LOVE... AND BLASPHEME LIKE THERE WAS NO TOMORROW! This not only serves to raise awareness of the legislation, but also puts me in with a (slim) chance of winning a new camera.....ahem....

So, without further ado, I give you - Democralogue....enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDRYwxji6lw

All the Best

B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

That dialogue is just embarrasing. I couldn't watch it for more than 20 seconds. And the sound quality is awful too.

The democratization of technology if a very bad thing imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

This video makes more sense, and personally I think it has a potent message regarding the Blasphemy Debate

Concise debate regarding the Blasphemy law

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Free Speech IE

Thanks for the feedback. The youtube clip is classic. I have another film on NAMA here:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I would recommend never showing this to another person. The bizarre voice for the narration, the agonising 'acting', the lack of structure or purpose, the poor dialogue...all of it just painful. Does the fat one have horrible teeth or is it just braces at low resolution?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

I watched your Democralogue video on the day you posted it but I was unwilling to give my opinion because, as someone who is not a card-carrying (Dawkins book-toting?) atheist, I expected to be accused of bias. I think it was absolute rubbish. I studied film as part of my art college course, and I honestly think that was your first ever shot.

The second one is better. A few laughs in there. Don't introduce him as "Count Brian Von Lenihan", just Brian Lenihan and then the surprise will come. It will also implore the viewer to work out why you used the vampire image.

• Advertisement
Advertisement