Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual halloween costumes

Options
  • 11-09-2009 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

I've searched the net but come out with nothing! I had a headless wrench in mind but I will have to make a chest and trouble finding a dress to match what I am looking for. Another idea was a jellyfish, decorate a see through umbrella and have dangly bits of it but superstitious pubs wouldn't let me in! It want the usual costume you can buy in the shops, any other ideas please?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

How about a baby in a high chair costume?

Baby%20In%20A%20Highchair.jpg

or a Potatoe head Costumes:

Rubies%201028.jpg

Check out the novelty costumes section at TheCostumeShop.ie, i'm sure you'll find some great ideas there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

I facepainted once at a fancy dress the sister held... for adults of course!! I'm not sure if you're a man or a woman, though I suspect you're a woman... here are some of the things I had to paint though...

For men....
    Drogue from Clockwork orange ( you know, kubrick film, blokes with bowler hats and one eye of makeup)

The Crow, Zombie, Robbie from The Cure, Cyborg and... that's all I can think of for now

As for girls...
    Weird woodland creatures, butterflys, witches, vampires, cats and other animals.

YOu could buy a kit in an art shop and look at some facepainting books (library should have some) for ideas and teqniques... you might have to drink through a straw for the night though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ronn90

Greaney wrote: »
    I facepainted once at a fancy dress the sister held... for adults of course!! I'm not sure if you're a man or a woman, though I suspect you're a woman... here are some of the things I had to paint though...

For men....
    Drogue from Clockwork orange ( you know, kubrick film, blokes with bowler hats and one eye of makeup)

The Crow, Zombie, Robbie from The Cure, Cyborg and... that's all I can think of for now

As for girls...
    Weird woodland creatures, butterflys, witches, vampires, cats and other animals.

Hi there,

I guess this is the wrong place for this post but I wanted to push the boat out this halloween and get a really good costume. I wanted to go as an evil clown. Anybody got ideas as to where I could get ideas,costumes and face paints for such a project. I do want it to have a reasonable look and quality. Does anyone know of a show where you can buy good face make-up or body paint?

A big thanks for all your help.

Cheers

You could buy a kit in an art shop and look at some facepainting books (library should have some) for ideas and teqniques... you might have to drink through a straw for the night though....

YOu could buy a kit in an art shop and look at some facepainting books (library should have some) for ideas and teqniques... you might have to drink through a straw for the night though....[/quote]

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Youtube and Video Jug are great resources for how to videos on different face painting ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

www.dauhpines.co.uk or www.facepaintuk.com are where I buy my face paints ( & i buy a LOT of them)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Glitter-Bug I know what you mean. Those shop bought costumes can look so manufactured and unoriginal. It's much better to try to make costumes from things that you already have or even things that you have a chance at wearing again.

At least that way you don't spend a whole lot of money on something you probably won't wear again, coz' let's face it, who wants to wear the exact same paint-by-numbers costume year after year?

Here's a few websites with different ideas for unique costumes.

http://costumeideazone.com/

http://www.essortment.com/hobbies/halloweenweird_sdsu.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭tomombo

i want a cheap but cool costume, flash if possible. any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭coolguy

Hi glitter-bug
    I presume that you are female.
    If you want to be unusual, would you consider dressing in a male costume?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hi

I know this site littlestarparties me thinks they have fancy dress stuff for cheap enough..

I am trying to think at our party last year we had fancy dress and one of the lads went a babyborn which was funny but you wouldnt want to be shy..There was a slinky and fouse ball kinda soccer player what else rainbrow brite, snakes and ladders just made on a plain black dress, also a box of matches but I dont know where that one was going

• Registered Users Posts: 27 parnellie

I'm dressin as a garda for Halloween but I can't find a hat. I dont want one of the english style ones:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

parnellie wrote: »
    I'm dressin as a garda for Halloween but I can't find a hat. I dont want one of the english style ones:confused:

You could try Ann Summers they do costumes there and soemtimes they sell them in seperetes...

Advertisement