Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light fitting question

Options
  • 11-09-2009 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭

Hi. A friend asked me to install some light fittings next week and I said I would, no problem. I asked him what kind of light fittings they were and he showed me a picture of them:

p_1600_1200_2b764af5-48cb-42ad-9086.jpg

Would I be right in presuming that there is some sort of bracket to fix it to the ceiling that is hidden in that drum on the ceiling?

I know it's a weird question and my reason for asking is that I don't want to turn up at his house (which is a fair distance away) and find myself completely clueless on how to fix it to the ceiling! Could be quite embarrassing!:o Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

Prob a hook with fitting.Make sure the existing light point has an earth before you turn up.If it's built last ten years or so, it should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

there should be a bracket but as i have found the fitting has been out of the box before you get there and bracket is sometimes lost :) not good news for the installer! best bet bring some galvoband gew cup hooks maybe a few small nuts and bolts. worst case you may have to manufacture something there and then. and some times the bracket can be totally unsuitable for hanging it in the first place

Advertisement