Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance - Engineers report on modifications

Options
  • 11-09-2009 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

I've been looking around with one of my friends cause he's after his first decent looking car

To get insurance, what kind of modifications require an engineers report?

Has anyone here needed one?

its something that was mentioned to us in one of the main dealers to beware of if he buys private instead

We have seen a few advertised that have been lowered and even one that had a 300mm brake upgrade behind 17" TSW's but when I rang the sellers neither of them had one done

He'll end up doing similar kind of mods either way so would be handy to know

he's 21 like myself so insurance wise it'll be either Quinn or No Nonsense
    ( all the brokers are quoting around 1300-1500)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Unless its something major i.e turbo/supercharging an N/A engine or an engine transplant the mods won't need an engineers report.

For things like lowered suspension/aftermarket exhaust/airfilter etc. just make sure you tell them about it and they'll probably add on a loading and that'll be it.

Advertisement