Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finance etc. etc.

Options
  • 11-09-2009 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

:DHi all,

If anyone could give me a general idea of what is available for mature students with dependants I would be most gratefull.

Both my partner and I are hoping to be studying 2010/11. I will be doing my first undergraduate degree, he will be doing a postgrad course. We have two children under 5.

As a student can you apply for rent allowance, family income supplement etc? I cannot see any way we can live off the maintenance grant!!:eek:

Many thanks in advance for answers received.

Boosh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Are ye both currently unemployed?
    Have either of ye completed college before?
    Have either of ye dropped out of college before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 booshboo

Hey,

We are employed. Neither of us have dropped out of education before and this is my first degree. My other half has an undergraduate degree and will be embarking on a masters.

Many thanks:D

Advertisement