Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Government can make more money and we improve the standard of driving in this country

Options
  • 11-09-2009 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

It occured to me today. The standard of driving in this country is pretty bad, there are people on the roads with licences that shouldnt be allowed drive and people on the road without licences that shouldnt be driving.

The government are making allot of money with the NCT. If they put as much effort into testing people correctly there would be allot more failures in the driving test and therefor allot more applications for people to resit the test.

Also if the guards actually enforced the rules of the road and fined peolpe for breacking the rules of the road there would be more money that the government could use. This would force people into driving properly and ultimitly improve the standard of driving in this country.

Imagine if people were fined for stopping in yellow boxes, not using a roundabout correctly, driving in the fast lane of a motorway and not overtaking anyone, failing to indicate at a junction or turn, parking on double yellows. There is so many bad drivers out their that if the guards actually pulled everyone up on every driving offence, there would be allot of money made in fines.

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

it would certainly bring in a lot more money but there isnt nearly enough gardai around to stop everyone driving badly,and at a time when they are threatening to cut public expenditure they cant start training new guards,

and if there were gardai everywhere there would be a heap of threads on here about the gardai stopping people for everything,

maybe a more rigorous driving test would help,

even on the way home today a woman in a bmw decided she didnt want to sit in traffic so swerved out into my lane,she pulled out so late she nearly clipped the rear of my car!! it would have been some crash! she drove a good bit behind me then rejoined the lane about 15 cars ahead of where she was!

she managed to check her blind spot for 40 minutes when she passed her test,why she didnt check it today before pulling out is a mystery:)

Advertisement