Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSC(Hons) IT Mgt - Part time

Options
  • 11-09-2009 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

Anyone else get the call today about this? Amazing that you get a call today expecting you to be available tomorrow. Seriously is this the way the college is run, always at the last minute?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Seriously is this the way the college is run, always at the last minute?

Yup. The college administration is supremely crap. They honestly couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

You said it. I have to say im not impressed with the college's administration.

I applied for the same course few weeks ago. Ive been on to them for the last few days trying to find out if i got accepted or not. No one bothers to answer the phone, reply to emails or voice mails. Over the days that i called when i did get through no one new anything about my application. Was verbally told over the phone that they were sure i was accepted as they didn't have my name listed on the rejected list. Weekend passed with no phone call so i had to call in to find out for sure if id been accepted or not.
    To make a long story short they called me back today after a search for my application to tell me the course is full.

Im gutted!!
    From doing alot of research its the only decent BSc i was interested in.

Best of luck with the course wirelessdude. Are you going for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

logistic wrote: »
    You said it. I have to say im not impressed with the college's administration.

I applied for the same course few weeks ago. Ive been on to them for the last few days trying to find out if i got accepted or not. No one bothers to answer the phone, reply to emails or voice mails. Over the days that i called when i did get through no one new anything about my application. Was verbally told over the phone that they were sure i was accepted as they didn't have my name listed on the rejected list. Weekend passed with no phone call so i had to call in to find out for sure if id been accepted or not.
    To make a long story short they called me back today after a search for my application to tell me the course is full.

Im gutted!!
    From doing alot of research its the only decent BSc i was interested in.

Best of luck with the course wirelessdude. Are you going for it?

what date is on your acknowledgement slip?

i wouldn't take no for an answer.

i too spent the best part of 2 weeks constantly ringing. emailing and calling in to the college inorder to be finally told last friday that i had it.

yeah i a doing it but as of tonight i have no idea when it is actually starting apart from the fact that there was an induction on saturday last.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

30th August is on my acknowledgement slip. I did leave the application abit late. Didn't think there would that much of a demand.

From what i know the course starts tomorrow night.
    I wouldn't bother trying to ring the life
    long dept. They just collect the applications. I'd try and talk to someone in the registrars office to confirm.

Advertisement