Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband users in Longford / Newtownforbes

Options
  • 11-09-2009 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am trying to contact people specifically in the Newtownforbes area who have phoneline broadband. I believe the exchange is oversubscribed and this is causing a substandard service in the evenings when most people would be using the service. Despite escalating Eircom refuse to do anything in the short term and haven't even committed to a long term solution.

Can you please PM if you are in these areas. I would be interested in finding out how widespread this issue is. Hopefully if several people complain about the same problem it might move Eircom to actually fix the service.

The issues present themselves as
    1) Slow, low download speeds after 5-6pm (typically it lasts until 12am and then improves)
    2) High latency on the connection.

If you don't know how to check these things I can help you.

Thanks
    X

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Im in the Newtownforbes area and have never experienced anything like you've mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭canon5571

I'm in the newtownforbes area and I never have much hassle with broadband. Once or twice it did go very slow but that was due to a problem in the exchange, fixed inside 24 hours.
    I have my broadband through imagine (probaly a bit costly) I dunno does this make a difference, eircom still look after the lines and exchanges anyway.

Advertisement