Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In deep doo doo

Options
  • 11-09-2009 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi all!
    I done my leaving in 2008 and I am repeating this year.I just found out that i would have to do english ( as i want to do medicine). Is the entire english course do able in 1 year?:eek:. Another question do i need to repeat irish?.:( *stressed*
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

yes the english course is doable in 1 year

yes you need to repeat irish unless you plan to do medicine in trinity and have a foreign language

http://www.ucd.ie/medicine/undergraduate/undergrad_entry_medicine_2009.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

The english course is very very doable in one year. I did it and got an A1. With no grinds and without reading macbeth and all sorts of stuff.

And yeah, you'll have to do Irish again too. And Maths, French, your sciences, etc.

I repeated for Medicine and got it.
    A girl in my year did the same. She dropped to pass Irish and paid no attention to it. She just had to pass for matric. purposes- she left the exam after about half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Course is doable especially if you're lucky enough to have an overlap of texts. Check the texts and poets you did in 2008 against the 2010 list: http://www.education.ie/home/home.jsp?maincat=17216&pcategory=17216&ecategory=17233&sectionpage=&subject=17601&language=EN&link=&page=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 doug.irl.92

Our teacher said that one year she had to do the whole course from November with a full class and she ended up with a 50% A rate! She did say however that there was a lot of predicting on the poetry and that they read all the texts at home!!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

I'm repeating as wel and english is the one subject i am dreading

I did pass irish, got a B3, so i'll use it as my requirement but not for points!

• Advertisement
Advertisement