Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Ideas on attracting business in the entertainment sector?? any help appreciated.

Options
  • 11-09-2009 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

I have just started a new entertainment business recently, and need ideas and business heads to help with attracting extra business.
    With the recession its harder than ever to drum up business in an enterprise which is classed as non essential or 'unneccasry expense'.
    Has anyone got any ideas??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Donagh_mc

When you say 'entertainment' what exactly do you mean?

One of the first things I'd recommend is to start meeting people. Try and get along to a few networking events like Open Coffee, BizCamp, etc. There's load of opportunities at those type of events to meet new contacts. Making contacts/friends is important to every business looking to succeed.

Secondly, do you have a website? The internet is an area that shouldn't be ignored by any business. Establishing one isn't that difficult, especially with the likes of Wordpress.

You should also get involved with social networking. It's the go to place for business these days and a lot of people are finding that it increases business immensly due to enormous exposure it offers.

Just a few ideas to get you started anyway ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 atomicent

appreciated, thanks for that, yes i do have a website, but id better not post it, as il probably be banned, I can use a signature after 25 posts, then youll see, my user name does give a little hint!!!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

what exactly are you selling and who is your target market?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

pick the top 50 or 100 or 200 clients that you'd love to work with, who's the person you need to speak to and who makes the decisions and then write to them to promote you're business and/or send promo leaflets and website details, make them an offer they cant refuse and then follow up the letters with a personal phone call....now you need to get a foot in the door and demonstrate your business potential to them.....its hard work but will work.

My previous business attended the RDS on three occassions, K Club, Guinness Storehouse, Lyrath Estate Hotel and many more so I'm talking from experience.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Whats the site? You won't get banned. PM me it if you don't want to post

• Advertisement

the site is www.atomicentertainment.org look for yourselves and youll see, I dont want to say to much because 'l get banned, lets just say, what you see on the website is just the beginning, I want to get into alot more detail in the entertainment sector. The saying goes that the best time to start a business is in a recession, and I have to say, this year is going a lot better than last year, but I want it to become more constant, which it slowly is as we are building a good name, I just hope you guys could give me some more advice, thanks all!!

My advice would be get a web designer because that site puts me off hiring one. You need to make an investment of a website, then you will get sales. Thats all, simple as.

actually parents have said to me that its agreat site because its simple and self explanatory, I have done big events like roscommon races, festivals etc, ok i will admit, it is bare and simple but I did set it up myself, its ranked high up with google and I get quite abit of work from it, I take your advice on board though. I will get it spruced up,thanks.

atomicent wrote: »
    actually parents have said to me that its agreat site because its simple and self explanatory, I have done big events like roscommon races, festivals etc, ok i will admit, it is bare and simple but I did set it up myself, its ranked high up with google and I get quite abit of work from it, I take your advice on board though. I will get it spruced up,thanks.

You say you have got custom from the site but you don't know how many you missed. The site is not simple. As I said it's a one off investment and doesn't have to cost a fortune.

How many pages do you have on the site. For all the info on there you should only have a 4-5 page site.

Advertisement