Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Want to send network over wireless

Options
  • 11-09-2009 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi all

I currently have a broadband connection in a house but i want to create a wireless network just going about 150 feet.

what i have:

2 routers
    1 wireless CPE
    cable pSU etc.

I had it working but could not get on to the internet, everything internal network worked ok. . . but i messed it up some how.

this is what i did:

In house one:
    wireless dls router in attic connected to the internet. . fine!

House 2:

Wireless CPE in attic got good signal from house one. . connected to another DSL router. . I think this is where i am having the proplem . . . I did disable DCHP (or something like that) and it did seem to work but could not reach the internet

on the CPE i used the router settings not the bridge setting . . . which sould i use? or has anyone got any ideas on what i should do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

you should only use the dhcp and router settings on the modem router.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 yellowpens

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    you should only use the dhcp and router settings on the modem router.

Ya . . not sure what, so i reset the two routers

on the router in house with DSL connection. . left it alone

on other DSL router, disabled the DHCP server and set the ip to 192.168.1.253

on the CPE . . set it to bridge (NOT ROUTER) and let it get ip automatically

and sorted!

delighted!

Advertisement