Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vehicle ownership query

Options
  • 11-09-2009 11:08am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi ,

Recently(March) the company I worked for went under ,

At the time of going under the owed me quite a sum of money for unpaid invoices , when getting my redundancy I was informed I would have to go through the liquidator for what I was owed . The main man let me hang onto my company vehicle as some sort of compensation .

That was fine , I insured her and then tipped on , back in June I received a call from Anglo Irish Bank telling me there was still €11,000 owed on the the jeep and €5,000 was in arrears .

Any way to cut a long story short I cut a deal with them and paid them €2,500 up front and took over the lease extending it over 3 years which was fine .

I have the cert of registration and licensing but it is still in the former companies name, as is the DOE and I need to try and get tax now.

My question is how do I go about changing the vehicle into my name as the company is gone now ?

Cheers for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Sounds foolish to me that you would sign up for significant repayments for something that you do not have any title for. What happens if the liquidator picks up the jeep in the morning and takes it away for auction?
    If the company director was to have signed the registration cert when still up and running, I guess you would be in the clear.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

The jeep is leased by anglo Irish so are they not actually the owners of the vehicle ? they were about reposes the vehicle thats when I took over the lease in my company name ? Im thinking I mite have to call the solicitor to sort this one out !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The jeep is leased by anglo Irish so are they not actually the owners of the vehicle ? they were about reposes the vehicle thats when I took over the lease in my company name ? Im thinking I mite have to call the solicitor to sort this one out !

Well if anglo own it and you then took out an agreement with anglo for the repayment, Id say they will be happy enough to sign whatever needs to be signed to get the other business name off the cert. Should be straight forward enough so

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Good luck OP!

We took over the running of some vehicles when Newlands Renault went bust. Even though they are technically owned by the Finance company where my wife works, I've been chasing the VLC's for about 10 months now as they went to the liquidator and haven't been tracked down.

Luckily they are all passenger vehicles so we can tax them by filling out an RF100 and going to the tax office. If you need a VLC to get the DOE done, it could be a big hassle to get hold of one. If you apply for a replacement it will be sent to the registered owner (who no longer exist).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

If the liquidator is still working and has not had the company finally dissolved he has all the powers of the board of directors and can sort it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Kartale

"I have the cert of registration and licensing but it is still in the former companies name, as is the DOE and I need to try and get tax now."

If you have all this , all you need to do is fill in your name & address, tick the change of ownership box & post to Dept of Environment in Shannon.
    problem solved?

Advertisement