Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toshiba sat p100, screen gone dead

Options
  • 11-09-2009 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

My screen is completely dead when i switch on the laptop. Other than this it's running fine! If i wait a few moments after switching on i can still log into windows and hear the log in music. Never had any problems with the screen before but the laptop is 2 and a half years old. I noticed that the fan isn't working as well as it could have been latley and the computer was getting fairly hot. Intended to clean out the fans but that job is on the backburner now until i can sort out the screen. Could this have led to the screen failing? Could it be a loose wire or something? Any help is welcome...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

A few things to try would be hook it up to an external monitor and if it has no display I would think it might be the graphics card.
    Take it apart and see if theres and burn damage to the lcd wiring/screen connectors.
    Check the fan and clean it and then see if its back working.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Most likely your inverter. It is responislbe for lighting the screen. Check from different angles can ya see any faint images on screen when turned on. Use a flashlight is another option to check if the image is working. That will rule out graphics card.

Advertisement