Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Change Engine in Car

Options
  • 11-09-2009 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm looking for a bit of advice from you guys on an idea my boyfriend has. He wants to buy an old Honda CRX Del Sol with high mileage and ask a mechanic to change the engine to a newer one, with less mileage.

He thinks this is going to save him tons of cash. I'm worried the insurance is going to go sky high because he's modified the car.

Can anyone advise? Good idea/Bad idea? If it's a bad idea then why.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

The car could only be deemed to be modified if the replacement engine is uprated in some way from the original, higher CC, higher horse power etc.

If it's the same engine with lower mileage then it's not a modification.

If he does intend to go for something with more power then he would be well advised to inform his insurance company. In case of an accident they do check and they can and will wash their hands of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

tell him to k20 it!!

Advertisement