Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oral piercings and gum recession

Options
  • 11-09-2009 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi, Having had my tongue and lip pierced for several years I now have receding gums behind and in front of my bottom front teeth. It is quite bad especially at the back and a couple of my teeth are now slightly loose. I have taken the piercings out but am terrified I am going to lose my teeth. I'm just wondering has this happened to anyone before and if so what did you do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Book an appointment with your dentist ASAP. He or she will be able to give you the correct advice. It sucks but they should be able to see how bad the damage is and figure out how to combat it.

I know you were probably looking for some other advice but if it's gotten to the stage where you feel your teeth are loose I think an expert opinion is what you need.

Advertisement