Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Genuine spare parts - Massive price differance

Options
  • 11-09-2009 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭

I posted this in bargain alerts last week but it's probably better here:

The starter motor on my Opel Zafira went on the blink the other day, my mechanic priced one from the local Opel dealers and it was €180odd + VAT so about €220 for an exchange unit :eek:

Went to google and found this website for locating Vauxhall/Opel parts and got the genuine part from a Vauxhall dealers in the North of Scotland for £63.50 inc VAT + £20 carraige (about €97) (48 hour parcelforce delivery) got it delivered direct to my mechanics garage.

The guy in the Vauxhall dealership was very helpful and checked my car's chassis number on his system to be sure I was ordering the correct part etc.

Other sources of genuine Vauxhall/Opel spare parts at discount prices are Vauxhall parts warehouse who have an ebay shop and Fintona Auto Spares who are in the North.

I also priced up a timing belt kit which I will need soon and got similar savings, less than half the price of the local Opel dealer even allowing for the price of delivery.

Mechanic says that there are also huge differances in the price of Toyota genuine spare parts between here and the North and the UK.

I'm all for keeping the money in the local economy but when you are getting rode like this you have to follow the bargains.

Because there was such a huge differance in price I was worried I'd ordered the wrong part but it has arrived and been fitted to the car at this stage and all is well!

invest4deepvalue.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,272 ✭✭✭alias no.9

It's a sorry state of affairs to think it can be cheaper to order OEM parts from the UK and have them shipped, cheaper than you can buy them from stock, over the counter at your local dealer. I've done it too, you're not alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Same here any parts costing over 100euro I go straight for a price from the UK. Recently got prices for a Ford Rad, Dealer over 200euro, local Motor Factor 150euro, UK including 25 POUNDS delivery charge came in at under 90euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

I've posted before on the 70% mark up my local Opel dealer was putting on parts. So you're not alone in your experience. Got my local indy to source the part direct from Opel and fit for a fraction of the price of the main dealer....its no wonder they're going to the wall

Advertisement