Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

telescope help

Options
  • 10-09-2009 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I have the lidl skylux 70mm telescope with 2 years and was wondering what telescope to buy next and is there any better eyepieces to get for the skylux or will only the eyepieces I got with it fit it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Jimmy55

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭squonk

Ok, I'll kick in. I don't know anything about this scope but it's most likely your eyepieces are 1.25" pieces. What eyepiece sizes do you have already? You can spend a lot of money on eyepieces. They're around €50 a pop at least.

Is this your scope here? http://www.astroman.fsnet.co.uk/skylux.htm

You can get 16mm, 9mm, and 6mm eyepieces as well but it depends on what you want to do. I suppose instead of jumping from s smaller mag x35, up to x85, you woudl get something in the middle with one of the additional eyepieces.

The best bit of advice I can give you is look around for an astronomy club. You'll get people there who would let you use their range of eyepieces so you'd get an idea of what to expect before handing over a good wodge of cash for an eyepiece you mightn't be thrilled about after you tried it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

is the skylux any good? how much did it cost you?

Advertisement