Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M83

Options
  • 10-09-2009 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

Anybody else think these guys are deadly?

Been honest i didn't know who they were until I heard they were supporting the Kings in the O2 last year, so decided to take a listen. Got hooked instantly and they are awesome live. The best performance at Oxegen for me....

Love Saturdays=Youth, one of my favorite albums, but all there work is really worth a listen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I like them a lot. I'm really annoyed I didn't see them at oxegen, I only got into them recently although I was meaning to check them out at it but I totally forgot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Saw them at Oxegen, and they were about the only act that i really enjoyed. They have some fantastic songs, and i've been listening to them quite a bit lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Love them. Saw them in Andrews Lane Theatre last year and was completely blown away...

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Love them. Saw them in Andrews Lane Theatre last year and was completely blown away...

That was only last year?

They really are savage live. Teen angst still prob fav tune of mine from them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Amazing band. One of my favourites of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

M83 are good alright but theres not much variety in their discography. I have all of their stuff but I wouldn't consider any album to be hugely different from another. The latest album I suppose is the biggest change in sound.

They do have some amazing tracks though. When they get their formula just right, its great. However some of their tracks with those really horrible American accent vocals just ruin my opinion of them somewhat. Example...
    "I'm gonna jump the walls and run
    I wonder if they'll miss me?
    I won't miss them.
    The cemetery is my home
    I want to be a part of it,
    Invisible even to the night.
    Then I'll read poetry to the stones
    Maybe one day I could be one of them...
    Wise and silent.
    Waiting for someone to love me.
    Waiting for someone to kiss me.
    I'm fifteen years old
    And I feel it's already too late to live.
    Don't you?"

Are you kidding me? Wtf is that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Love them, especially the latest album. Has anyone heard the song Addicted to Self Mutilation? I think it was on Teen Angst. One of my favourite M83 songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

skin of the night...epic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

can't stop...also epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 justsayit

Great album!

I love Teen Angst off Before The Dawn Heals Us too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement