Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running workshop weekend

Options
  • 10-09-2009 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi folks,Donadea Running Club are hosting a running workshop on weekend 26th & 27th September and the costs are €85 for non members. Please see below an outline of the running inn proposal for the weekend Proposed course for Donadea Running clubDay one: 9am: VO2 max assessment: the Multi-stage fitness test 10am: Core focus – talk/workshop – why the core matters and how to make it strong 11am: BREAK 1130am: Speed talk followed by 1500m pace test, which also helps assess VO2 max and predict race performance Lunch 2pm: Circuits for runners – ideas for outdoor exercise From 3pm: 30 minute one to one consultations (schedule advice, heart rate monitoring/nutrition etc) and take home action plan Day two Am: Long run 1, 2, or 3 hours – plus training tips as we runIf you are interested the club can be contacted through their website www.donadearunningclub.com - link is there to 'Contact Us'.The club meeting place is at St. Kevin's GAA just beside the Donadea Forest Park. I think there are 4 places left atthe moment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Sounds good, but the half marathon is on the 26th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

Hi folks,Donadea Running Club are hosting a running workshop on weekend 26th & 27th September and the costs are €85 for non members. Please see below an outline of the running inn proposal for the weekend Proposed course for Donadea Running clubDay one: 9am: VO2 max assessment: the Multi-stage fitness test 10am: Core focus – talk/workshop – why the core matters and how to make it strong 11am: BREAK 1130am: Speed talk followed by 1500m pace test, which also helps assess VO2 max and predict race performance Lunch 2pm: Circuits for runners – ideas for outdoor exercise From 3pm: 30 minute one to one consultations (schedule advice, heart rate monitoring/nutrition etc) and take home action plan Day two Am: Long run 1, 2, or 3 hours – plus training tips as we runIf you are interested the club can be contacted through their website www.donadearunningclub.com - link is there to 'Contact Us'.The club meeting place is at St. Kevin's GAA just beside the Donadea Forest Park. I think there are 4 places left atthe moment.

Who's taking the course? Anyone we know, anyone good?

Sounds like a good idea (obviously depends on who is taking the course).

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Mantra Dave

hi Tingle,
    the people delivering the course are www.therunninginn.co.uk if you want to check them out on their site for more detail...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I would love to do this, but as has been said, it's the same weekend as the half marathon. :( Have looked at the running inn stuff before and it seemed good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

I would love to do this, but as has been said, it's the same weekend as the half marathon.

Yeah thats a pity, I'd like something like that. Would be good to know if you are going to run something similar again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement