Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which is better UCD or DIT

Options
  • 10-09-2009 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

what is the difference between DIT and trinity or UCD ,i now DIT is a institute but it still provides level 8 courses like UCD and Trinity.So I just worried why and why are the points a bit lower like science courses?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

ayumi wrote: »
    what is the difference between DIT and trinity or UCD ,i now DIT is a institute but it still provides level 8 courses like UCD and Trinity.So I just worried why and why are the points a bit lower like science courses?

There's no such thing as a bad college. Every college has its good points and bad points.

You should go for your desired course you want and not base your decison on what college you feel is "better".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ALincoln

Less demand; people want an NUI or Dublin University degree instead of one from an IT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

That_Guy wrote: »
    There's no such thing as a bad college. Every college has its good points and bad points.

You should go for your desired course you want and not base your decison on what college you feel is "better".

just wondering THAT_GUY how you do that signature its really cool

ya theres more of a demand for universitys then IT's as there considered better but they just offer harder degrees like medicine..IT's dont have medicine or pharmacy(i think)..they usually have there own focus..like CIT is one of the best engineering colleges in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

just wondering THAT_GUY how you do that signature its really cool

ya theres more of a demand for universitys then IT's as there considered better but they just offer harder degrees like medicine..IT's dont have medicine or pharmacy(i think)..they usually have there own focus..like CIT is one of the best engineering colleges in ireland

Well IT's offer different courses. IT- Institute Of Technology i.e computing courses, engineering.

DKIT also offer nursing subjects too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I think a lot of it is snobbery, universities are just considered to be of a higher standard than ITs. This isn't necessarily true but it's just the way people think, like it looks better to say you've gone to a university than an IT.

Although speaking of DIT specifically, what seems to put people of it, is the fact it doesn't have a proper campus. The buildings are scattered across the city and (according to some people I know who went there) there isn't the same sense of community as there is with other collages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

oh,i was wonder because i cant get as high as 500 points as i do 3 ords subject and in my summer exams only 300 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

oh,i was wonder because i cant get as high as 500 points as i do 3 ords subject and in my summer exams only 300 points

theres no difference in the quality of the degree though so dont worry about that a degree form CIT is looked at in the same way one from UCC would be

Advertisement