Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows updates

Options
  • 10-09-2009 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭

hi im just interested to know how many of these those everyone get.
    i get an update everytime i turn on me pc which could be three or four times a day.
    a new one comes in after i have installed one
    is this normal??
    any help will be much appreciated
    ps i run avira, superantispyware malwarebytes and ccleaner
    it was always doing this even when i was with kaspersky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 HandsomePete

Its perfectly normal. Windows updates happen pretty regularly. You have nothing to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

smilerf wrote: »
    hi im just interested to know how many of these those everyone get.
    i get an update everytime i turn on me pc which could be three or four times a day.
    a new one comes in after i have installed one
    is this normal??
    any help will be much appreciated
    ps i run avira, superantispyware malwarebytes and ccleaner
    it was always doing this even when i was with kaspersky

It's not normal to get new updates 3 or 4 times a day! I suspect its the same update failing and trying to install itself again when you reboot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

Rackstar wrote: »
    It's not normal to get new updates 3 or 4 times a day! I suspect its the same update failing and trying to install itself again when you reboot!
    when i do install the updates i get the green tick to say they have been installed
    also if i install then via the start menu and the little symbol they seem to slow down my pc but if i install via control panel and windows updates its fine. its very strange

Advertisement