Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox is developing a Firefly-ish Sci-Fi Western

Options
  • 09-09-2009 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭

http://www.tv.com/story/17892.html?tag=hotspot;gumball;1
    Browncoats, ready your arms. Fox is giving the old Western-with-science-fiction-elements genre another go, ordering a script from Chuck executive producer Scott Rosenbaum, says The Hollywood Reporter. Now, this wouldn't normally be all that newsworthy, but we're guessing all you passionate Firefly fans might have something to say about it.
    Off the top of our heads, we can think of three science-fiction westerns -- Wild Wild West, The Adventures of Brisco County Jr., and the most popular of of the group, Firefly. Given the limited amount of similar fare and the cult popularity of Firefly, there are bound to be comparisons -- though they may be unfair -- between Firefly and the new show. Plus, since it was Fox that cut Firefly's cord, fans of Joss Whedon's show are likely to feel even more burned over the abrupt cancellation.
    So what's this new cowboys and aliens show all about? Well, we don't really know yet. Here's how The Hollywood Reporter put it: "Described as an epic Western with a sci-fi twist, the show will revolve around 'a gunslinger caught between worlds' and will feature a nod to Planet of the Apes."
    One other clue as to how it may turn out: It's being produced by McG's Wonderland, which is responsible for shows like Chuck and Supernatural, but also for a ton of garbage.
    Firefly fans -- let's hear it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Should we start placing bets now on how many episodes it gets before its' inevitable early cancellation? I've got dibs on "3" :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'll take 7 episodes.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

ok i'll take 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

pilot and its dead

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

I'd kinda prefer if it didnt go ahead so as not to have the whole comparsion thing with Firefly to happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well, if it's bland, middle-of-the-road, safe, predictable and aimed at ADD "suffering" teenagers or early middleaged "CSI:Wherever" obsessed housewives then 4 seasons and a spinoff

If it's interesting, intelligent, unusual, articulate, requires more than one episode to finish a story, funny without resorting to friends-style banter (ie, ACTUALLY funny), thought provoking then Pilot, Pilot reboot with younger, hipper and sexier cast and faster music and explosions montage in the credits, followed by 3 aired episodes and 1 unaired (The unaired one will be the start to a season-spanning arc that would really show the potential for the series)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'll take 13 episodes.

Advertisement