Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Gaeltacht College

Options
  • 09-09-2009 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi
    I have two girls, one of whom is doing LC next year and one JC. Both want to go to Irish College this summer. They need to do Munster Irish so Cork, Kerry or Ring are the options I guess. I am looking for two colleges in the same general area (they do NOT want to be in the same college!), where there is a strong emphasis on really learning and speaking the language, but also good sports and craic. Elder daughter went at end of 2nd year and learnt no Irish, so need a better experience this time. Thanks for any advice.:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 landofdixie

why don't you check out Cape Clear, it has 2 separate Irish colleges, see
    www.oilean-chleire.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

What about Co. Clare? There's an Irish college in Carrigaholt, lots of my class used to go there. Have no idea what it's like though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

What about Co. Clare? There's an Irish college in Carrigaholt, lots of my class used to go there. Have no idea what it's like though.

dont bother. I heard its supposed to be useless for learning irish from friends..

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jamas

Cape Clear sounds good - has any one got more info on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 landofdixie

in one of the colleges the students stay in different houses on the island, in the other one all students stay together in a large hostel type accommodation. There is not much contact between the two colleges. The students might meet by chance at the local shop and at mass but that's about it. Yet they wouldn't be located more than a mile or two from each other.
    Their respective websites are www.colaistephobalchleire.ie and http://www.gaelachas.com/chiarain.htm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Corca Dhuibhne has several colleges which are administratively connected but distinct in day-to-day practice. If you really want to ensure they are kept well seperated send one to Ceann Trá on the south side of the peninsula and the other to Feothanach or Baile an Fheirtéaraigh on the north side ... they're only a couple of minutes apart by car across the the Mám Clasach, but that's one hell of a steep walk! :D

Advertisement