Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Digital Immersion Timer Wiring

Options
  • 09-09-2009 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Ok so our immersion timer went belly up last night, its one of those old Flash analogue timers and it just stopped and refused to budge!

So went to the ole reliable hardware store and picked up a digital timer which I assume is ok to use to replace the old timer. The thing is I'm not sure how to wire it!!

The old timer is situated before the on/off bath/sink switch and we always have it set to sink.

The new timer is a Grasslin SB-Digi+ and I'm trying to figure out what way the wires go! It talks about a link between terminal 3 and 5 (when required) must be fitted by the installer. Do I need this link does anyone know?

Otherwise its pretty straight forward - Terminal 2 & 4 for immersion L & N and Terminal 3 & 4 for supply L & N.

Any help mucho grateful.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

It talks about a link between terminal 3 and 5 (when required)
    In your case this link is required.

You would want the link left out for different reasons, such as if you were using the timer to switch a different voltage, circuit or phase.

What I do not see is what current this device is rated to switch. The instructions say that this is stamped on the switch itself. I would not be happy using this unless to switch a standard (3kW) immersion unless it is rated for at least 20 amps at mains voltage.

Advertisement