Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic Ableton rack question

Options
  • 09-09-2009 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Ok so I have an instance of Analog with a Chorus effect and EQ3 on it to try and make a cool sounding pad. What I want to do is save the 3 of these together as 1 preset or 1 rack or whatever you call it! I've tried clicking on the little disk icons but they will only save the preset for that specific device,

e.g If I click on the disc icon for Analog it will only save the instance of Analog on its own and not with chorus and EQ3 attached which is what im after so I can re-use the pad in future tracks.

Dunno what im doing wrong!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

select all devices (by shift clicking) and then go to the edit menu. Click group in the edit menu and you'll see what happens from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hesho

Cheers man that worked a treat. Much appreciated!

no problem man. good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

I find its slightly quicker is to just right click directly on the Analogue (Or whatever Instrument you're using) and select group from the drop down menu. Just drag the effects into the rack thats created in the space after your instrument.
    Great fun ahead mapping your Macro's to multiple parameters

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hesho

Yeah thats working a treat! My controller is acting up though so having trouble mapping the rotaries to the macro controls. Its an oxygen8 and is meant to have instant mappings for ableton but is not working for some reason. Will give the manual mappings a go anyway. I thinks its one of the downsides to djing or producing with software is that you could spend an eternity just setting up and mapping controllers!

cheers for the help anyway lads

• Advertisement

Hesho wrote: »
    Yeah thats working a treat! My controller is acting up though so having trouble mapping the rotaries to the macro controls. Its an oxygen8 and is meant to have instant mappings for ableton but is not working for some reason. Will give the manual mappings a go anyway. I thinks its one of the downsides to djing or producing with software is that you could spend an eternity just setting up and mapping controllers!

cheers for the help anyway lads
    whatever m audio seem to do with their midi stuff I'm always having these types of problems.

I have the maudio axiom 25 keyboard and the amount of headaches i got mapping the rotaries was ridiculous. And I'm a complete geek with this stuff and never really get into too much bother.

Thankfully my uc33e isn't so temperamental but i really wouldn't trust my axiom in a live situation.

Advertisement