Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confusion over CNAME etc....

Options
  • 09-09-2009 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with something that is very straightforward I'm sure, but has me fairly confused.

There is two parts actually, second is kinda advice.

First, I've signed up to Photoshelter.com, who deal with template based sites geared to photographers. I have my domain registered with GoDaddy. I followed the instructions for setting up my own domain name by creating a CNAME in godaddy, and I then entered that in Photoshelter. It says it might take 24 hours or so to work. In the meantime when I type in my URL I just get that standard 'site is parked with GoDaddy' page. Is this normal? Any guesses how long it should take to sort itself out? It's been about 20 hours.

Second, when I first registered my domain, I also sorted out hosting with Bluehost, and had a wordpress template going. This is kind of obsolete now, as in, the hosting won't be used anymore. I still have an email address going through it though. Just wondering if there is anything I could use it for?
    There is an option to incorporate a blog in Photoshelter. I'm thinking I could use a new one set up through Bluehost, but isn't there also other free blog options I could integrate?
    I presume Bluehost won't refund me any money ;)

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Anyone at all at all? I thought this would be a piece of piss to ye lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Your best bet would be to contact GoDaddy support to check that you've added the CNAME correctly ....

Advertisement