Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone for Yo La Tengo (in Dublin) in November?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

Hell ye! They're almost too awesome...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Just try and stop me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

the greatest band in the world playing for €20? unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭mosstin

the greatest band in the world playing for €20? unreal.
    Wonderful band, great live but let's be honest here, 'And The Glitter Is Gone' is self-indulgent **** on what is otherwise a very fine new album.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭meenmore

Any other gigs I should know about that could fly under the radar? Mew are playing the Academy the night Yo La Tengo. Bela Fleck and the Flecktones too.

Any else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

I really hope I can get to this, though Grizzly Bear may eat up my funds for November gigs...

Grizzly Bear would be a tasty gig, yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

yeah,got my ticket! looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

mosstin wrote: »
    Wonderful band, great live but let's be honest here, 'And The Glitter Is Gone' is self-indulgent **** on what is otherwise a very fine new album.

Even Maradona played shíte sometimes.

Any chance they'd play this???

• Advertisement

Actually, it is my girlfriend's birthday next week... Two tickets, two birds, one stone.

Kid V wrote: »
    Any chance they'd play this???

I had quite a splendid idea...
    Halfway through, or whenever there's a sufficient break in the proceedings, one of us could call for 'You can have it all'. Then a second person would pipe up, and a third, until all the boards.ie Yo La Tengoists have been 'roll-called', so to speak. If there's enough of a commotion, I'm sure they'll have to at least acknowledge it, and who knows, they might perform it.

Would be a boards first, nay? Video footage etc. withstanding, of course..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭mosstin

Even Maradona played shíte sometimes.
    Eh?

meenmore wrote: »
    I had quite a splendid idea...
    Halfway through, or whenever there's a sufficient break in the proceedings, one of us could call for 'You can have it all'

Brilliant idea! If we get loads of people to call out for it they'll pretty much have to play it. It has to be that all vocal version though! The original just doesnt compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Damn. No one I know likes Yo La Tengo:(
    Actually, it is my girlfriend's birthday next week... Two tickets, two birds, one stone.

I'd bring just the girlfriend if I were you:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Kid V wrote: »
    Brilliant idea! If we get loads of people to call out for it they'll pretty much have to play it. It has to be that all vocal version though! The original just doesnt compare.

Please don't do this. They'll play what they want, don't ruin the gig by continually roaring for the song you want to hear. It's so fecking annoying, plus you'll annoy all the thick-rimmed glasses wearing record store clerks. :p

I wouldn't want to ruin the gig, no way. It was just a whim, seeing as there are a few here who are actually going, and it's a small venue, so we could actually identify ourselves as the boards gang.
    Silly? Yes. Worth it? Perchance. Could turn out to be a major highlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Get this, my dear child:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Can_Hear_the_Heart_Beating_as_One

Then work your way from there, basically.

meenmore wrote: »
    Get this, my dear child:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Can_Hear_the_Heart_Beating_as_One

Then work your way from there, basically.

I agree. Its incredible. One of the best albums of the 90s.

I would never roar at the Tengo. I'd just politely ask them to play it:D

• Advertisement

A polite roar will suffice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brianw

i didnt realise anyone else liked them!
    just discoverd them last year. had them on my ipod non stop for 3 weeks whilst travelling around japan.
    i havent heard many bands who can pull off such diverse stuff on the same album and make it sound right.
    really excited about seeing them
    i recommend the album electr-o-pura. even for pablo and andrea alone

Nice to know there's a good number of boards.ies headin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 iercepa

really looking forward to it, fri booked off work so can give it 100%!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Annoyingly Wild Beasts are playing the same night in the Academy 2.

Would have liked to see those guys as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭TheBandit

mosstin wrote: »

Ah man Ira Kaplan gonna on a mad one on the guitar with the hypnotic trance commin from the bass and guitar is as essential to yo le tengo as their pop songs. What do you think of Pass the Hatchet from I'm not afraid of You?I can't wait for this gig by the way, it'll be feckin great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

can't wait myself. I'm going on my own, as I will be to sonic youth too. none of me mates are into music really.... :(

I've been checking out loads of live yo la tengo stuff online.....

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Quite disappointed really. Quiet songs were lovely, really engaging, the louder ones just kind of lost me to be honest, and I'm as big a fan of noise as the next man. Didn't seem to have any real energy. Ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Quite disappointed really. Quiet songs were lovely, really engaging, the louder ones just kind of lost me to be honest, and I'm as big a fan of noise as the next man. Didn't seem to have any real energy. Ah well.

Were you at the same gig I was at?

The loud songs had great energy. Blue Line Swinger was outstanding! Ira was on great form.

Advertisement