Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT London 18/09...hotels?

Options
  • 09-09-2009 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

alrite lads

can n e 1 recommend a hotel near "The Royal Botanical Gardens" the venue for 2009 london gamsat

i'd pay extra for the closest possible hotel

nice one!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 runawaytrain

I booked bristol for the gamsat uk, can't imagine why someone would want the added stress of london,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭liberal

yeah........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

liberal wrote: »
    yeah........

:pac:

I'd go for one of the chains. I love London. It's my fave city. But the quality of hotel is variable. If you want the basic bed and reasonable comfort, I reckon go for a big chain. It's just less risky.

Some of the small ones are amazing. BUt some are dire. I like the ibis group in London. I use them a bit.

With all the cash you're paying, you could invest in a hilton the night before. It's probably not as expensive as you think, and they have lovely beds. Just get one of their basic double rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

You need a quiet spot 10-20 minutes walk to the centre - to get some sleep primarily before the event.

I could not imagine any greater source of stress than commuting to an exam with the risk of public transport delays.

DrIndy wrote: »
    You need a quiet spot 10-20 minutes walk to the centre - to get some sleep primarily before the event.

I could not imagine any greater source of stress than commuting to an exam with the risk of public transport delays.

yeah big time

i got a nice room about 3 mins walk from the test center and im going to stay the night after too so i can crash after the test...maybe a few pints but i might be too wrecked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

I've booked a cheap hotel around the corner. Taking my chances as it might be a kip, but the pics looked ok and the reviews were middling.

I'm not staying there the second night though, deffo going on the rip instead.....I may have my priorities wrong....:pac:

MicraBoy wrote: »
    I've booked a cheap hotel around the corner. Taking my chances as it might be a kip, but the pics looked ok and the reviews were middling.

I'm not staying there the second night though, deffo going on the rip instead.....I may have my priorities wrong....:pac:

i think i know the place ur on about....... it should be fine

bring ear plugs tho!

Advertisement